Hello, and welcome to this week’s Friday 5! Please copy these questions to your website. Answer the questions there; then leave a comment below so we’ll all know where to check out your responses. Please don’t forget to link us from your website!
Wherever I’ve worked, I’ve enjoyed surveying coworkers, as sort-of a way to get to know people but also to encourage inclusion. People answer whatever my question of the day is, and I say something like, “Oh, Myrna in accounting said the same thing!” Now they’re thinking of Myrna, perhaps thinking that they have more in common with Myrna than they thought. And maybe they have something to chat about the next time they see each other in the break room. “Hey, I hear you hate Star Wars! Me too!”
Yeah, this weird Friday 5 thing? It’s not just on Fridays for me. And it’s not just in this webspace. 🙂 And I’ve been known to pass around a slam book at grown-up parties. Here are some questions I’ve asked coworkers in recent years.
- What kind of drunk are you?
- What’s one of your language-related pet peeves?
- What would be a good question to ask people you’ve just met, if what you really want to know is what they’re passionate about? You know, an alternative to “What do you do?” or “How do you know so-and-so?”
- When you get home super tired and super hungry, do you usually eat first or sleep first?
- You’re taking an exam. You aren’t sure about the answer to question 5, but you know it’s either “lions” or “tigers.” You get to question 11 and realize whatever the answer to 5 is, 11 is the other answer. Do you write “lions” as your answer to 5 and 11, thereby ensuring you’ll get one of them right? Or do you write “lions” for 5 and “tigers” for 11, risking two wrong answers but giving you a chance at two right ones?
Yeah, 4 and 5 are unusual for Friday 5 because I stay away from this-or-that questions here, but you’re a writer. Write something! Thanks for participating, and have a wonderful weekend!
3 Replies to “Friday 5 for February 15: QotD”
Really, a day late and I’m first? 🙂 https://philosophymom.livejournal.com/88062.html
Hi, I’m late, but it’s here: https://circuitsoffever.blogspot.com/2019/02/friday-five-qotd.html