Hello, and welcome to this week’s Friday 5. Please copy these questions to your webspace. Answer the questions there; then leave a comment below so we’ll all know where to check out your responses. Please don’t forget to link us from your website!
It’s finally time for the fourth (more or less) annual Scattergories-inspired questions! We first did them in 2009, and revisited them in 2012 and 2013 on this same weekend. If you never did those and these five questions seem not to be enough, feel free to add those questions to this week’s.
This week’s 5 is inspired by the party game Scattergories, in which players have to think of items, all beginning with the same letter, in several categories. For example, if the die is rolled and shows the letter T, players might have to name a soft drink, a farm animal, a river, and a U.S. President, all beginning with T. Valid answers might be Tab, turkey, Tennessee, and Tyler.
First, go to this nifty online random-letter generator. Set the “number of random letter sequences to generate” to 1. Set the “length of each random letter sequence” to 1. Leave the “letters to choose from” how it is and click the button. You’ll get a rather non-dramatic one letter. Use that letter to begin all your answers to the 5 questions below.
Alternately, if you find that boring, you could set the “length of each random letter sequence” to 5, thereby giving you five letters, a different one for each question.
What random letter was generated by the online random-letter generator (this doesn’t really count as one of your five questions)?
- What article of clothing, whose name begins with the letter, have you never worn?
- What book, whose title begins with the letter, are you looking forward to reading?
- What mode of transportation, whose name begins with the letter, seems like it would be fun?
- What form of exercise, whose name begins with the letter, have you recently engaged in?
- What fictional character, whose name begins with the letter, would be good company on a long trip?
Thanks for participating, and have a opvlkcvp* weekend!
*generated by the random-letter generator!