Hello, and welcome to this week’s Friday 5! Please copy these questions to your webspace. Answer the questions there; then leave a comment below so we’ll all know where to check out your responses. Please don’t foret to link us from your website!
I’m up late again, but it’s fifteen hours earlier than last week, so baby steps. Right?
- What would be a better name for the color of goldenrod-colored paper?
- Where did you get your silverware?
- It is a weird tradition in America (and possibly elsewhere) for parents to have their children’s baby shoes bronzed. What artifact from this past week would you have bronzed as a keepsake and heirloom?
- What was the most recent ceremony you attended?
- What east Asian cuisine is good for your Seoul?
Thanks for participating, and have a pleasant weekend!
The timing of these things is weird sometimes. The link goes to a baby-shoe-bronzing company that went down in late January after bronzing 14,000,000 pairs of shoes since 1934. Stuff goes out of business all the time, but this is probably the one and only time in my life I ever thought about what (and why) this tradition exists, and it comes a few weeks after this company shut its doors.
And sorry I’ve been late on this stuff. I still haven’t decontaminated my own personal online journal, and I think it’s making online tasks less urgent. I really need to get on that!