Hello, and welcome to this week’s Friday 5! Please copy these questions to your webspace. Answer the questions there; then leave a comment below so we’ll all know where to check out your responses. Please don’t forget to link us from your website!
We have a state holiday here (Statehood Day) so Friday totally snuck up on me and I went to bed without setting an alarm. Sorry!
- What regional colloquialism in your area would baffle people from elsewhere?
- What’s something you call by a name that differs from what most people in your region call it?
- What’s a normal food in your region that people in other regions might be weirded out by?
- What’s something in your area with an official name almost nobody refers to it by?
- What are the names of some convenience stores in your area?
Thanks for participating, and have choke fun dis weekend!
5 Replies to “Friday 5 for August 17: Regionalism”
Okay. Here’s mine. http://chalkdust.mitchellkdwyer.net/2018/08/17/friday-5-for-august-17-regionalism
All up in this jawn.
A couple hours late.
Entire thinkpieces have been written about our colloquialisms. We practically have a separate language.