Hello, and welcome to this week’s Friday 5! Please copy these questions to your webspace. Answer the questions there; then leave a comment below so we’ll all know where to check out your responses. Please don’t forget to link us from your webpage!
This week’s questions are inspired by movies I’ve seen recently. Don’t worry; there are no spoilers.
- In The Spectacular Now, the main character is good at making everybody laugh. What social skill do you bring to a large party?
- In The Way Way Back, one character was supposedly there when, at the local water park, one person passed another on the huge water slide. What amazing or strange feat that everyone supposedly knows about did someone pull off in your area (or at your school)?
- In Austenland, the main character spends a week in a large Victorian-era house designed for fans of Jane Austen. In what book’s setting would you love to spend a week immersed?
- In The Heat, two main characters at first have great difficulty getting along personally, but they work unusually well together professionally. With whom have you had huge personal differences while still doing excellent work?
- In We’re the Millers, a marijuana-dealer and a reluctant stripper pose as husband and wife in order to complete a job. If you had to do the same for an undetermined length of time, who could pose as your Platonic life partner?
I just want to say now that I’m going to be very disappointed if nobody says Harry Potter or Dr. Seuss for question number 3! Thanks for participating, and have a spectacular weekend!