Hello, and welcome to this week’s extremely late Friday 5! Sorry. We had a yearbook deadline and I was in kind of a stupor all week. Please copy these questions to your webspace. Answer the questions there; then leave a comment below so we’ll all know where to check out your responses. Please don’t forget to link us from your website!
This week’s questions are inspired by the release of One for the Money, a film starring Katherine Heigl based on the novel by Janet Evanovich. The critics have been merciless in panning it, but I saw it one and a half times in its opening week and I thought it was decent, if somewhat disappointing. I’ve a feeling these questions have been used in memes a million times, so apologies in advance if they seem to lack a certain inventiveness.
- What’s a film, adapted from a book you liked, that was as good as (or better than) its source material?
- What’s a good film based on a book you disliked?
- What film, adapted from a book you liked, was horribly disappointing?
- What book, not yet made into a film, would make a really good film?
- What’s a book you’ve read because you liked the film that was based upon it?
Thanks for participating, and have a wonderful weekend.