Hello, and welcome to this week’s Friday 5! Please copy these questions to your webspace. Answer the questions there; then leave a comment below so we’ll all know where to check out your responses. Please don’t forget to link us from your website!
As you know, I generally avoid sets of music questions, mostly because there are other music-themed, weekly memes out there doing a great job. However, something came up in shuffle mode and now all I can think about is the music of my high-school years, so let’s do this.
- What song, album, or artist, disliked by you in high school, now sounds pretty good?
- What specific high-school memory do you have of discovering some song, album, or artist you considered old?
- What song or album best serves as the soundtrack for your senior year of high school? (bonus challenge: answer this question with a different song or album for each year of high school!)
- What’s a song, album, or artist from your high-school years you loved then (and might still love) but have great difficulty listening to now, and what’s the reason?
- What song, album, or artist from your high-school years, seemingly forgotten nowadays, do you still listen to with fondness?
Thanks for playing, and have a “When the loving starts and the light goes down, there’s not another living soul around…” kind of weekend!