Hullo. Welcome to this week’s Friday 5. Please copy these questions to your webspace. Answer the questions there; then leave a comment below so we’ll all know where to check out your responses. Please don’t forget to link us from your website!
I’m stoked, because I’ve decided that the Scattergories questions are so fun, we should now do them every year at around this time. We first did them in 2009, and revisited them last year on this same weekend. Shout-outs to Mel, Kimberly, Laura B., Janelle (whose answers back then were at a URL that no longer exists, so that’s a link to her current home), and Brie, who were on board on that Friday in 2009 and have have still been Friday 5ing with us in recent weeks!
This week’s 5 is inspired by the party game Scattergories, in which players have to think of items, all beginning with the same letter, in several categories. For example, if the die is rolled and shows the letter R, players might have to name a soft drink, a farm animal, a river, and a U.S. President, all beginning with R. Valid answers might be root beer, rooster, Rhine, and Roosevelt.
First, go to this nifty online random-letter generator. Set the “number of random letter sequences to generate” to 1. Set the “length of each random letter sequence” to 1. Leave the “letters to choose from” how it is and click the button. You’ll get a rather non-dramatic one letter. Use that letter to begin all your answers to the 5 questions below.
Alternately, if you find that boring, you could set the “length of each random letter sequence” to 5, thereby giving you five letters, a different one for each question.
- What random letter was generated by the online random-letter generator? (this doesn’t really count as one of your five questions)
- What geographical location, whose name begins with the letter, would you most like to visit someday?
- What’s a yummy dessert whose name begins with the letter?
- What’s an annoying or unpleasant task whose name begins with the letter?
- What implement, whose name begins with the letter, would be good to take on a camping trip?
- Which of your body parts, whose name begins with the letter, needs some attention or maintenance?
Thanks for participating, and have a gehhjaw* weekend!
*generated by the random-letter generator!