Hello, and welcome to this week’s Friday 5! Please copy these questions to your webspace. Answer the questions there; then leave a comment below so we’ll all know where to check out your responses. Please don’t forget to link us from your website!
Today is a state holiday in Hawaii, which I am blessed to call home. Fifty-three years ago, the island chain became the fiftieth United State, and while that is a mixed bag I won’t delve into, I won’t complain about a day off! So to honor the fiftieth star on the U.S. flag, here are five questions very loosely inspired by this day.
- Hawaii’s nickname is the Aloha State. If your neighborhood were to be admitted as the fifty-first state, what would be its nickname?
- What do you own fifty of?
- What’s the nicest beach you’ve been to?
- A pizza with ham and pineapple is often called a Hawaiian pizza (something that annoys many of us who live here and can’t stand that flavor combination). If you live in Hawaii, what should rightfully be called a Hawaiian pizza, and if you live elsewhere, what would go on the pizza named after your area?
- What mental and emotional states do you hope to attain this weekend?
Thanks for participating, and happy Statehood Day, Hawaii!