Hello, and welcome to this week’s Friday 5! Please copy these five questions to your personal webspace. Answer the questions there, then leave a comment below so we all know where to check out your answers! Please don’t forget to link us from your website!
This week’s 5 is a revisit to something we did three years ago, and is inspired by the party game Scattergories, in which players have to think of items, all beginning with the same letter, in several categories. For example, if the die is rolled and shows the letter R, players might have to name a soft drink, a farm animal, a river, and a U.S. President, all beginning with R. Valid answers might be root beer, rooster, Rhine, and Roosevelt.
First, go to this nifty online random-letter generator. Set the “number of random letter sequences to generate” to 1. Set the “length of each random letter sequence” to 1. Leave the “letters to choose from” how it is and click the button. You’ll get a rather non-dramatic one letter. Use that letter to begin all your answers to the 5 questions below.
Alternately, if you find that boring, you could set the “length of each random letter sequence” to 5, thereby giving you five letters, a different one for each question.
- What random letter was generated by the online random-letter generator? (this doesn’t really count as one of your five questions)
- What food item, whose name begins with the letter in question #1, are you most likely to eat within the next few days?
- What item, whose name begins with the letter in question #1, are you most likely to purchase this weekend?
- What famous person, whose last name begins with the letter in question #1, makes you think thoughts you probably shouldn’t?
- What is your favorite film whose title begins with the letter in question #1?
- What geographical location, whose name begins with the letter in question #1, are you most likely to see within the next few days?
Thanks for playing! And have a vpisqlftnx weekend!